Patients who are seeking a quick and easy solution to their missing teeth might want to consider dental implants using Immediate Smile®, a Teeth in a Day procedure with Dr. Perry L. Brooks or Dr. Seth R. Brooks. With this procedure, Dr. Perry Brooks or Dr. Seth Brooks of Oklahoma Dental Implants and Oral Surgery can help patients get the smile they crave in as little as one day. In an all-on-4 procedure, Dr. Perry Brooks or Dr. Seth Brooks can place a full arch of replacement teeth that look and function just like natural teeth with only 4 actual implants.
What is Immediate Smile®?
Immediate Smile® is a Teeth in a Day procedure – a method to provide patients missing several teeth with a full smile quickly. Rather than traditional implants, which require one implant per tooth, Teeth in a Day uses four methodically-placed implants to support an entire bridge of teeth. Immediate Smile® is a far less intensive experience for patients. For this reason, many patients can have the implants placed, and the full bridge added to the mouth, enjoying their smile the same day.
Because the entire upper or bottom row of teeth will be replaced with the new bridge, patients who want a Teeth in a Day procedure must not have any remaining teeth. If they do have remaining teeth, these will need to be pulled before the implants can be placed. The good news is that patients can choose to have this procedure done on the top row of teeth, the bottom row of teeth, or both.
Immediate Smile® vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Because traditional methods require numerous implants, it becomes a slow process. Each implant will need at least a few weeks to heal. During this time, the jawbone starts to grow around the implant, securing it in place, so it can support the stress of biting and chewing.
Traditional implants also need enough bone tissue for placement to prevent failure. Patients who have been missing teeth for several years may have suffered too much deterioration of the jawbone to undergo this procedure. Bone grafting is an option, but it greatly increases the time it takes for patients to receive their new immediate smile.
Immediate Smile®, like all Teeth in a Day systems, suffers from none of these complications. The all-on-4 technique of Teeth in a Day systems offers patients a safe and easy way to revitalize their smiles fast.
Immediate Smile® vs. Dentures
Full bridge implants from Teeth in a Day may seem similar to dentures, but there are important differences.
Dentures merely sit on top of the gums, and they do not provide any stimulation to the jawbone underneath. Over time, the jawbone begins to deteriorate, causing facial structures to collapse and resulting in a saggy, droopy appearance. This is why many denture wearers complain that their appliances no longer fit after several years—the jaw has reabsorbed, changing the once-perfect fit.
This leads to problems with speaking, eating, and drinking. If users wish to correct these issues, they’ll need to invest in a new appliance.
Dentures are also far more difficult to clean. Patients must remove and disinfect them regularly, leaving them with a toothless grin until they put them back in.
Immediate Smile® offers patients their Teeth in a Day. These teeth that are permanent, non-removable, and directly interact with the bone structure through the 4 implants used in the all-on-4 techniques of Teeth in a Day systems. Patients are assured that their smiles are there to last, a much better alternative to simple dentures.
What Are the Benefits of Immediate Smile®?
The benefits of Immediate Smile® are numerous.
Patients may receive an entire set of replacement teeth in one simple procedure. Instead of drawing out the issue for months with multiple implants and other preparatory procedures, patients receive only 4 implants using the all-on-4 technique. Patients leave in the morning without teeth and return home in the evening with an award-winning smile. Teeth in a Day is not an exaggeration, it is accurate.
However, there are several other benefits that patients should consider if they’re on the fence about this procedure. These include:
- Extremely low cost when compared with traditional implants: With traditional implants, patients need to pay for each implant placed. However, with Immediate Smile®, all of the teeth are placed on four implants, hence the all-on-4 name for the technique.
- No bone grafting in most cases. For most patients, Teeth in a Day implants are placed extremely deep in the jawbone, creating a strong and sturdy hold. This prevents teeth from shifting and loosening over time.
- More longevity and durability than other options. Immediate Smile®, like all proper Teeth in a Day procedures, last far longer than other full-arch teeth replacement systems.
What is Immediate Smile® Like?
Every Immediate Smile® procedure for patients visiting Dr. Perry L. Brooks and Dr. Seth R. Brooks’ Norman office begins with an initial consultation. During this consultation, Dr. Perry L. Brooks or Dr. Seth R. Brooks will examine the patient’s mouth to determine if they’re a good match for a Teeth in a Day procedure. This includes taking X-rays, 3D scans, and more to get a comprehensive look at both the exterior and internal structures of the mouth.
- If the patient has a lot of teeth remaining, he may suggest traditional implants instead. Immediate Smile® replaces all of the teeth, not just a few.
- Some patients do not have enough bone tissue left to support the implants; in these cases, he might suggest bone grafting as a way to rebuild bone. The all-on-4 technique used in Immediate Smile® has less need of lengthy bone grafting procedures, but all implants require some bone to serve as a base.
- Some patients simply might not have good oral health needed for a Teeth in a Day procedure such as Immediate Smile®. If this is the case, patients might need to work on brushing and flossing more to improve their gum and tooth health before they are eligible.
The last thing Dr. Perry L. Brooks or Dr. Seth R. Brooks will do during the initial consultation is take impressions of the patient’s mouth. These impressions are used to create the replacement teeth to ensure they are a perfect fit.
On the day of the Immediate Smile® procedure, patients will be provided with either local or general anesthesia to ensure they are comfortable and pain-free during placement. If the patients have any remaining teeth, Dr. Perry L. Brooks or Dr. Seth R. Brooks will remove them before beginning with the implants. They may also remove any diseased gum tissue that might cause problems.
With the Immediate Smile® Teeth in a Day system, two implants will go in the back of the patient’s mouth, and two will go toward the front of the mouth. The posterior implants are positioned at a 45-degree angle. This provides a steady anchoring system that applies equal pressure across the jawbone without risking touching the underlying nerves. This all-on-4 system will support the entire bridge on these 4 implants. The implants are made of titanium for extreme durability and longevity.
Once the implants are successfully inserted into the jawbone, Dr. Perry L. Brooks or Dr. Seth R. Brooks will clean up the surgical site and close any incisions to speed up the healing process. Following the placement of the abutment, the patient’s new teeth can then put in place. By the time they wake up from the surgery, they’ll have a brand-new smile waiting for them.
Dr. Perry L. Brooks and Dr. Seth R. Brooks provides the Immediate Smile® procedure to patients with the utmost care and professional quality that they deserve. Teeth in a Day is an amazing system that can give anyone back their smile in a fast and effective manner.
What Is the Recovery Like With Immediate Smile®?
Perhaps the greatest benefit of Teeth in a Day system like Immediate Smile®, patients have little to no recovery time. Patients can return to work or school the very next day.
The day of the procedure, patients might experience some bleeding at the surgical site paired with pain, but this can be taken care of with over-the-counter pain medications.
Other symptoms patients might experience during the recovery period include:
- Nausea, which is common as a side effect of anesthesia, swallowing too much blood, and pain medication.
- Swelling, which usually reaches its peak about two to three days after the procedure. Putting a cold compress on the area can often help.
- Bleeding, which should be controlled by using gauze and sitting upright.
- Bruising, which might appear two to three days after the procedure and might take the appearance of a black, yellow, or purple blemish.
Dr. Perry Brooks and Dr. Seth Brooks recommend the following precautions to all of the patients that receive Immediate Smile®.
- Patients may also need to avoid smoking as well as rinsing or touching the surgical site.
- Patients should skip lifting heavy objects, physical exertion, or bending over, as these activities can irritate the surgical site.
- Patients should avoid hard or sticky foods such as candy, nuts, or chips is also highly recommended. Stick to soft or pureed foods to give the mouth time to heal.
While these side effects are normal, if any patients of Immediate Smile® feel they are experiencing unusual complications, Dr. Perry Brooks or Dr. Seth Brooks are always there to help. Teeth in a Day procedure are not dangerous, and the risks are minimal, but patient comfort is always a priority.
Are There Any Risks Involved With Immediate Smile®?
Immediate Smile®, as any Teeth in a Day procedure and really any oral procedure, does come with some risks.
However, under the experienced care of Dr. Perry Brooks or Dr. Seth Brooks, these risks are extremely unlikely. Patients’ conditions are monitored before, during, and after the procedure to ensure nothing has gone wrong.
Continued follow-up care will be used to look out for infection at the surgical site or a wound that isn’t healing.
In some cases, the bone does not start to grow around the implants, meaning they don’t have a very secure hold. In rare cases, the implant may need to be removed and replaced in a different area.
Overall, the risks are extremely minimal, and the benefits of a Teeth in a Day procedure are definitely very dramatic. Dr. Perry Brooks and Dr. Seth Brooks are each professional and attentive physicians, patients are perfectly safe at our practice, and any problems that arise with the implants will be dealt with promptly and effectively.
Choose Immediate Smile® Today
Dr. Perry Brooks and Dr. Seth Brooks are experienced oral surgeons in the Teeth in a Day system.
With Immediate Smile®, the implantation process goes smoothly and efficiently, so every patient walks away with the perfect smile they’ve always wanted. Contact Oklahoma Dental Implants and Oral Surgery today at (405) 329-3500 to schedule your appointment.